Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.)

3 posters

Go down

Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.) Empty Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.)

Post by Stelley Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:43 am

It was the kind of weather that everyone just had to love, even the gloomiest person alive. The sun hugged the world in its fiery chest as if it were the hearth of Hestia, and the sky was almost the exact color of the minute blue diamond studded on Amber's necklace. Soft breezes ruffled the trees, strong enough so you could feel it, but not too strong that it messed up your perfect hair.

Not that Amber had perfect hair to begin with--the most she did each morning usually ended at dragging a comb through it a couple of times. Perfectly tousled, maybe. But it didn't really matter, because it wasn't like her hair was as long as before. She had grown used to its shortness, after a couple of years.

Today, she just sat under a tree, shading herself. Her wisp, Clair de Lune, had argued that they may as well do something productive while sitting, so she had brought with her a book. The book currently lay abandoned next to her feet. Why did you even bring that book if you're not going to read it? Clair asked, though the wisp clearly knew that this would happen. Amber shrugged, replying, You were going to bug me until I pretended to be productive. She could sense Clair rolling eyes, but merely shrugged again. Admit it, she said, you like spending time like this. Clair didn't say anything. Amber could feel the exasperation/affection radiating from the wisp, and smiled.

Honestly, the start of the year was usually boring. She normally didn't have much interest in the new kids, but this year's seemed a little interesting. To the satisfaction of Clair, she finally picked up her book and shuffled through a few pages, humming a song.
Stelley
Stelley

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Amber Atlaya
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.) Empty Re: Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.)

Post by Zandor Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 am

Rowen was running and trying to get exercise when he noticed a person siting in the shade he grabbed his hat and went to talk to him "hey are you a boy or a girl" Rowen was trying to not Sound like a complete moron when he said that and failed at his attempt. He looked a little closer and then promptly facepalmed. "I am so sorry!" Rowen had't mean't to be rude but he realized that he probably seemed insensitive, and so tried to promptly change the subject. "What's your powers mine's fire." Rowen showed her a ball of fire and put it out after.

Zandor

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Rowan Tate
Wisp Class: Elemental
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.) Empty Re: Open (Get it? The yard is out in the open and this thread is...never mind.)

Post by Stelley Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:31 am

"Ah, it's fine," Amber cracked a little smile. "A lot of people ask me that. I'm 100% female, if you haven't noticed," she added. Clair seemed to be rolling eyes again, amazed at how confused people were these days. "As for the power..." Amber's voice trailed off. It would freak the boy out if she just grabbed his arm, so she went for a more roundabout way. "Tell me your name first," she said finally.
Stelley
Stelley

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 am

"Still confusing the newbies Amber?" Axel said from a high branch on the tree he wasn't surprised by her not being forthcoming about her power, after all it wasn't something she'd be able to just demonstrate the way he did. "You know maybe you wouldn't confuse them as much if you grew your hair back" Axel commented, he gave a devilish grin when he saw the newbie, appearing behind the boy in an instant and swiping the hat off his head, before reappearing in the tree. "Or maybe you just like confusing people?"
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandor Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:14 am

Rowen heard her and apologized for not telling her. "the name's Rowen" he heard someone talking about that. "Are you her boyfriend?" then he noticed his hat was gone he saw the guy holding his hat in the tree. "Yep hm...die!" Rowen launched a fireball at the person then realized he might have burned the hat. "sorry I burned your boyfrien-aw who am I kidding he was a jerk"

Zandor

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stelley Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:04 am

Amber waved towards the general direction Axel was. "Maybe I will grow my hair back," she said, grinning right back. Even the most clueless person could detect the silent not behind it. "But for now, I'd rather prefer it this way. And no, Ax is not my boyfriend--just a friend of mine." She turned back to Rowen, tilting her head slightly to one side. You didn't answer his questions about your power, Clair chided. Grumbling back to her, Amber mentally sighed. It sometimes freaked people out when they saw her power. Mostly they needed her to explain it, and she really wasn't into explaining things. 

"Do you mind if I grab you for a moment?" Without waiting for an answer, she rested two fingers on Rowen's arm. She could feel that Clair was ready to show off, but this time she was the one restraining. After all, it wouldn't do to get in trouble right at the beginning of the year, would it? 

A flicker of fire appeared on her other palm. "Ta-da," she said, letting it burn for a while before extinguishing the fire and letting go of Rowen's arm. "You wanted to see my power, there you go."
Stelley
Stelley

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Axel had seen the attack coming and was already well out of the way of the fire when it hit the tree. "I see your aim is just as bad as your self control." Axel remarked, with a relatively bored tone. This guy was definitely a newbie, you could tell from the lack of self control. The guy's reaction was amusing though, and Axel didn't really have anything better to do, so he had appeared about 10 fwet to the right of the guy, rather than out of the general area.

Axel watched Amber display her power, which definitely had freaked some people out in the past, it wasn't a very common ability after all. "So pyro, you gonna put out the fire you just set, the last thing I need is a lecture from the old man"
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandor Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Rowen seem'd amazed at her power. "So you make physical contact with people and get they're power." he heard her say he wasn't her boyfriend and facepalmed. "Sorry, I like your power though."  Rowen heard the guy's voice and jumped back in surprise. "how are you alive, and give me my hat!" he heard him tell him to put the fire out and rolled his eyes. "Fine your highness" he reached his arm out and absorbed the fire. "Sorry for the fireball, jerk" Rowen sat down next to the girl and asked her for her name. "I hope you don't mind me sitting here."

Zandor

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stelley Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Amber shrugged nonchalantly, gesturing for Rowen to sit wherever he pleased. “Don’t expect me to serve you tea just because I’m British,” she said, only half jokingly. Seriously, people these days always associated England with tea. Tea was good, but it didn’t mean that she carried around a little china set with her. Clair silently agreed--there were other aspects of the culture that could be appreciated, too.

Amber dug around her hoodie pocket for the cookie she brought. It was still wrapped in the plastic bag thingy, and she guessed this was a good time to share. Normally, she wouldn’t share food, but whatever, you know? It was a nice, big, delicious chocolate chip cookie, and she was going to share it. Whatever God out there should send her to heaven.

Breaking it into 3 “equal” portions, she threw one over her shoulder towards Ax. “Catch!” He would get it--he was definitely fast enough. She handed the other portion to Rowen, keeping the last for herself. Clair immediately noticed that hers was a little bit larger than the rest. Amber, the wisp said, are you sure those are equal portions? Amber nodded and shrugged at the same time. Clair did a mental facepalm, but let Amber nibble her cookie contentedly.
Stelley
Stelley

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down