Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Simulation (Site wide event)

+5
Demosthenes
The Phantom
Lillian
Alex Granit
Axel The Bunny
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Training Simulation (Site wide event) - Page 2 Empty Re: Training Simulation (Site wide event)

Post by Lillian Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Seraphine fell to the ground as the simulation started. The world spun and she felt as if she couldn't think. She was incredibly disoriented. It was as if the world was speaking in a different language that she couldn't understand.
Then she heard a voice. She shook her head and looked up, her eyes gradually becoming clear. 'Hey sleeping beauty, you might not want to be sitting there in the next five minutes.' Probably a good idea, Calcifer chimed in, as Seraphine hopped quickly to her feet. "Sorry about that," she said. "I don't know what happened." She examined her surroundings. Some sort of destroyed office building. She assumed the enemies with guns would most likely be sent in soon. She didn't have any weapons, but perhaps she could make something. Her mind raced at a million miles an hour, ideas zooming.
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Seraphine Simmons
Wisp Class: Sage
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Training Simulation (Site wide event) - Page 2 Empty Re: Training Simulation (Site wide event)

Post by Axel The Bunny Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 pm

(Ok i guess it's time to end in the enemies, since nobody has anything to say IC before that)

Axel knew that Carver had sent in the enemies now, unless some random people ended up downstairs before that he didn't know about, but based on the way they seemed to be moving, as well as the fact they seemed to be a five person squad, he had to assume they werent friendly. "Well looks like they're here now, you should stay down, things are about to get exciting after all." Axel teleported to another room that was across the hall from this one, apparently the room with the Sage class girl was closest to the stairs, meaning it was most likely to be raided first.

Axel waited for the strike team to be pass the door to the room he was currently in before he kicked it open, knocking one of the five down before he teleported directly behind the lead man, who had turned towards him after he kicked the door open.He took the man's sidearm, while using him as a shield to keep the rest of the team from hitting him with bullets, then Axel started really fighting, first he shot the man he took the gun from, the teleported across the room and shot two of the enemies in the back, this was just the first wave, so Axel knew it was better to get weapons from these guys, more would come up in a few minutes after all.

(there I'll leave a couple of them for some other people to handle, Ax can't hog them all right? otherwise id be the only one having fun lol and this is just a small group, there are literally unlimited enemies so.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Jayce just sat there for a little bit, then sat up and brushed off his pants. "It's all good, my head is hard as a rock" He stopped "My name is Jayce, by the way. you?" He said, giving out a formal introduction before walking off alone into a bunch of random rooms, trying to see if there was anything he could possibly make to use against someone. The best he found was some electrical wire he could use to trap people, or as a whip. That would be fun. Yes! let's go whip some people with our long electrical wires! Nautilus said, getting excited at the thought of something like that. Some times even Jayce didn't understand his whisp, though.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jayce Marcos
Wisp Class: Elemental

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandor Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Rowen woke up in a destroyed office building and got annoyed at the memories of his dad. "Least I get an advantage" he remembered the office  his dad took him too. Rowen walked around he heard gunfire, then two men with guns walked in and aimed them at him. he smiled devilishly before blasting a fireball at one and then knocked out the other. Rowen found a Baton and a gun with only one clip. "That help's I guess." Rowen left the gun but he took the baton. Rowen searched around a little more and found a room with a person holding a wire."hey Rowen let's ask for some help" Rowen nodded and asked them for help "hey can you give me a hand."

Zandor

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Rowan Tate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:14 am

Naomi watched as Jayce just wandered off before she could even introduce herself. "W-Wait, you're leaving too?" Without getting an answer, Jake had disappeared, too. "Guys? Hello? Don't leave me alone here!" There was no answer. I think they all left. Natasha helpfully pointed out. Naomi just growled, frustrated, and she went off on her own.

"Why is no one giving me any straight answers?" Naomi complained to herself as she wandered the ruined offices. "I don't even know what I'm doing here..."

I think all the others are looking for something. Natasha replied. Maybe we should be looking for something, too.

"No, I mean what am I doing here. In this place... everyone else can teleport or turn into dogs, and I can't do any of that stuff..." Naomi said ashamed of herself.

Ooh! Maybe we can find some food! There has to be a kitchen somewhere around here somewhere! Natasha ignored Naomi's angst.

"Natasha, any food here would be covered in dust!" Naomi complained.

Ooh, what's dust taste like?

"Natasha, we've been over this, I'm not going to eat things that will make me..." Naomi froze once she opened the door. There was a small group of intimidating looking people in all black, with black helmets, and they all were carrying equally intimidating guns. After a moment saying something she couldn't hear, they turned their heads in Naomi's direction. "Eep!" Naomi immediately shut the door. She grabbed the nearest chair and wedged it underneath the handle. Naomi backed away as the enemies reached the door and they were banging the door. "Okay... I think that'll hold them..." Not long after she said that, gunshots started getting fired through the door, and barely missed Naomi.

Is it time to panic? Natasha asked.

Naomi gulped. "It's time to panic." As soon as she said that, Naomi started running as quickly as she could in the other direction. Both of them were screaming internally, though the only thing coming out of Naomi's mouth was frantic breathing.
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Naomi McLaughlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Axel teleported again, now that those thugs were down for the count, but not before looking over the bodies and taking a knife, couple of grenades, an extra pistol, and some ammo. The room he ended up in was occupied by a panicing Naomi, and Axel appeared in an office chair in the corner of the room.

You should probably help her Casper said. But Axel didn't want to just yet, He needed to see how this played out yet. After all Naomi's power was still unknown and Axel figured this could be a learning experience. He tossed one of the handguns to her instead. "That doors gonna give you four minutes at most, less if they decide to use explosives." He would step in if he had to...probably.
Probably? Casper questioned.
Just stop nagging me.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelum Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Another day, another simulation. Caelum looked around as he appeared in what seemed to be a destroyed office room. He could spot two others--a girl who was freaking out, and....Axel. Right?
What's all that pounding?
"Most likely enemies..." Caelum muttered under his breath, before shifting into a wolf. He looked at the surroundings once more. Three people. Would three be enough to hold off whatever was behind that door?
Um....are you sure about this?
[I'm never sure about anything.] Caelum stepped forward, growling slightly. His fur bristled as he stared at the flimsy door.
Caelum
Caelum

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Caelum Pride
Wisp Class: Beast
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Lee walked through the halls of an abandoned office building. These stupid simulations always gave him trouble, due to his Sage class nature. He had only been awake for a minute or so, and the attack had already started.

Lee sighed, ready for another grueling simulation where his only use was a spotty walkie-talkie, getting messages from one group to another.

If you just practiced..... Leah insisted.

But I do practice Leah, every day for two years and I still can't use telekinesis or any of these other powers you seem to think I have.

You do have them; and you know that's not true: you have made progress.

Yep. I can turn a page in a book with my mind, sometimes. I should take over leadership of this Academy, 'cause I''m obviously the most talented Esper here.

No need to be snide.

Let's just get this over with, okay?

Leah sighed, Okay.

At that moment Lee heard a massive crash just down the next hallway. Looking down it, Lee saw a boy go flying as a gorilla smacked him in the face. Probably newbies.

Yep.

Lee watched as the gorilla changed back into a student. A moment later the other boy stirred. Lee headed down the hall towards them, as they spoke in voices too soft and far away to be understood.

"Hey guys. You know the situation?" Lee called out quietly as he neared them.
Lee
Lee

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Lee Hedley

http://half-bloods.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:10 pm

[Alright guys, we're picking up the pace with this topic. And the random generator has designated that this round, Jayce, Jake, Lee, and Rowan will die. And conveniently, you're all in the same room. Better luck next time.]

Jake looked over at another person as he walked up. Jake gave a broad shrug.
"People are coming to shoot us." He said. Wayne gave a mental shrug too. They hadn't really seen anyone yet.
A muffled beep came from somewhere in either a wall or the ceiling above them. Jake looked around.
"What was that?"
His question was almost immediately answered by a deafening explosion that seemed like it came from everywhere at once. The heavy concrete and steel of the floor came down around them, and Jake was pretty sure he was hit with several pieces.
Wayne said a bad word.
<My thoughts exactly.>

With that, he was back in the training room.
Jake looked around.
Still cool. Wayne said. Jake agreed. It looked like the guys that were in the room with him were also despawned. Darius waved him over through the observation window. Taking this as a cue, Jake got up and went into the monitoring station with the two instructors.
"Better luck next time," Carver said as he walked in, shooting him a grin. There were some screens that had several views of the scenario, along with a pair of control panels that presumably altered things in the scenario.  There was another empty chair in the room, probably for one of the other instructors that wasn't present at the moment. Jake commandeered it.
"But that was a nice right hook," Darius said, smiling and looking back at Jake.
"That was an accident."

For everyone else:
The building suddenly shakes and you hear a loud noise. It's not too far to assume that there was an explosion somewhere, but you can't really tell where it is in relation to where you are. Some of the ceiling crumbles, and the floor feels generally unsteady now.
Armored soldiers are coming in, ready to shoot at pretty much anything that moves. They're armed with standard assault rifles, and they also will avoid areas weakened by the explosion.

[Feel free to injure your characters. Or not. But I'll let you know when your character gets taken out. When I call your character out for dying/capture, in your next post tell us how you failed, then go ahead and join the others in the monitoring room. When everyone's failed, we'll do the formal debrief.]
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:13 pm

(Hurray! Naomi lives! Though, it won't be hard with her power... speaking of which...)

Naomi flinched when she heard something clattering near her. She gasped when she saw the thing that came next to her was a small handgun. "W-What do you expect me to do with this? I don't know how to use a gun!" Before Naomi could protest farther, there was a huge rumble, and there was a gaping hole where the door used to be. Naomi closed her eyes and fired all the bullets from her hand gun, screaming the entire time. When she looked, the whole group was still standing.

You missed every shot. Natasha replied. Naomi threw the empty gun at one of the soldiers, which bought her just enough time to run out of the room. However, in the next room, Naomi bumped into another soldier. She was knocked onto her butt while she scuttled to the back of the room. The soldier pointed his gun at her and Naomi braced herself as the soldier fired.

Are you dead, Naomi? She heard Natasha say. Naomi opened her eyes. Just as she did, the soldier fired again. Naomi squealed and flinched, but the bullet only harmlessly bounced off her. Naomi picked the bullet off the floor. "I'm alive? I'm alive!" Naomi shouted. The soldier kept firing, but Naomi wasn't harmed at all. "I'm alive!" The soldier emptied his gun on her and tried beating her with it. Naomi still flinched. "That hurt, but not at all! I have a power!" In her spurt of confidence, Naomi grabbed the gun and pulled it away from the soldier. She swung it like a baseball bat, and knocked the soldier out. "Did you see that? Did anyone see?" Naomi looked around and saw no one.

I saw that, Naomi! Natasha helpfully replied. That was really cool!
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Axel felt the building shake, and could tell it was some kind of explosion. Then Naomi attempted to fight some enemies, and Axel decided it would be better to watch and see what happened, since her power was still unknown at the moment. Her attempt at using the gun was rather amusing but completely ineffective.
Looks like we have a real marksmen here Axel thought to himself.
Like you were any better when you were new.
Axel saw the soldiers pull the trigger, and expected the newbie to have been ejected from the simulation. Which made him quite surprised to see not only was she still here, she appeared completely unharmed. Axel decided to help now, since it wouldn’t be nearly as fun to let the indestructible newbie take down all the soldiers. He appeared between two of them with and waited for the second before one pulled the trigger to teleport again.
The soldier’s bullets hit his comrade, and then Axel appeared to the left of the guy who had fired, with a gun directly to the enemy’s skull. Axel shot him before he could even have the time to react.
With that out of the way, and assuming Teen wolf out there could handle the rest without him, Axel took some more ammo from the soldiers. Axel noticed the soldier that Naomi had knocked unconscious and promptly put a bullet through his skull. He didn’t want to risk the guy waking up too soon after all, and it was only a computer simulation.
“Not bad. for a newbie. Though your aim could be better.”
Axel could already tell that the structure was failing, though that could easily work to their advantage. The soldiers would try to avoid the more dangerous parts of the building, giving them the chance to get out of there.
"We need to regroup with whoever hasn't been fried by that explosion, I doubt they'd use explosives to handle one guy."

(lol jeez Ax, you wanna traumatize the girl xP. But llol Ax must have avoided being noticed when the soldiers broke in, maybe he was also slightly distracted by the explosion.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelum Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am

Caelum tensed up as the building shook. Probably an explosion.
He hoped that it wasn't much....but then again, this was a training simulation. Anything could happen. Next thing he knew, the soldiers were pouring in through the door. Surrounded by two, the wolf snarled. As the taller one stepped closer, he jumped, biting the man's thigh. Feeling something crack, he jumped back, as the man fell to the floor, grabbing his leg. He supposed that he'd broken the soldier's bone, or at least fractured it.
Before the other soldier could react, Caelum ran.
The best thing now, would to turn back into human. He was clearly outnumbered, and pretty much the easiest to capture. The newbie girl was clearly quite powerful, and Axel had his share of soldiers to fight. Spotting a discarded gun, the wolf scurried over, only to jump back as a searing pain erupted on his left shoulder.
Glancing bullet wound.  Just take that gun and hide somewhere.
<Hide?>
Don't think you'd fancy dying so soon.
Caelum internally groaned. Was Maisie on her period or something? She usually wasn't so cranky.
Caelum kicked the gun under a desk, then hurried inside. Turning back into a human, he grabbed the gun again and got out, barely managing to shoot his persuer in the head. The brunette touched his shoulder, and hissed.
"I'm hit," He grunted, and fired his gun again, ending the misery of his first attacker.

((Maybe two soldiers was a bit too little...but then again, he wouldn't have had a chance if there were more. And Ax? Teen wolf? Razz ))
Caelum
Caelum

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Caelum Pride

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15 pm

(awwww Sad ) 

Jayce kept on searching around for weird objects he could make into weapons or something, and eventually found the parts to make a mini sensory bomb or whatever it's called. Make sure not to blow yourself up!  Nautilus warned in a cheery fashion  Thanks for the advice Jayce said with a frown. He walked on down the hall way with the materials before realizing he had no tools to make the bomb. Throwing all of the supplies down, along with the time he just wasted, Jayce just decided  to get comfortable in the conference room. There was a big round table that was smashed in half and at the front of it was a rather comfortable chair that the boss or president or whatever must have sat at. This is a great way to play the game, just sit back and wait to die Nautilus said, clearly bored. Shut up, Nautilus Jayce retorted with a slight sigh.

His time of comfortability was short, though, as a few minutes later gun fire could be heard in the distance , along with a few explosions. Soon enough bullets where going through the walls and one final explosions did the job. He awoke in the room he was before the dumb simulation happened. A teacher- he couldn't remember the name- beckoned him and some other students who must have died too forwards to a monitor where he could see it all 

( dead guys for the win!)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jayce Marcos

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:02 pm

[Okay, moving on. This round Naomi and Ax need to be taken out. ...somehow. Capture is also an option. Or just a bad situation that you can reason that the AI would boot you from the simulation for.]

As the rubble settles, more troops come in, these with much heavier armor and a different weapons. A few still have the assault rifles, but several of them have a larger weapon instead. This weapon two modes, one with explosive ammo and one with electrocuting ammo. And just for an extra measure, a few also have flamethrowers with a fuel canister on their back. These troopers have tactics to use all the weapons effectively in sync. 

[So, go ahead and try your luck now. I think the only people left are Seraph and Cael. So you guys can either post something getting out of it and pushing the topic along, or you can just call it now and we'll wrap up the topic.]
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:57 pm

(Sure, take out the most experienced one and the one who can't get hurt. They'll have their work cut out for them...)

Naomi jumped when Ax suddenly shot the unconscious guard in the head. "W-Was that completely necessary?" She said, staring at the now dead guard. Once Naomi caught her breath, she asked, "Now what do we do?" Not long after she asked that question, there were several more guards, each looking tougher than the last one. Some of them had the same gun, but the others had a strange looking weapon and an energy pack on their back. Naomi stayed close to Ax. He knew what was going on, he would know what to do...
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 pm

"You wanna risk him waking up?" Axel responded, it wasn't like it was a real person or anything, and even if this was real the guy would have done the same to him. When another group that was obviously better equipped than the last showed up, Axel had to grin, obviously Carver wasn't going easy on them anymore. "Same plan as before, don't die." Axel answered. (ooh I have an idea.) He pulled the pin on the grenade, and counted to three before throwing it. The hall was narrow enough that they wouldn't be able to easily avoid the explosion, so the grenade took out several of the soldiers. Of course the fact that the building had already been structurally unsound, as well as the explosion (which was a lot larger than expected) caused this part of the building to collapse.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:48 pm

(Well, since it's the two of us right now, aside from Seraph and Caelum, should I post again?)
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:53 pm

(lol Jake has a plan to murder us xP but if you want then i guess, also you could post in the holiday event.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm

(lol but if you have a plan to be murdered or just want to post, then be my guest. Mine would just be excessive firepower.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:10 pm

(Okay, looks like I'm murdering people.)
(...and I'm lazy. I'll fill in a more detailed post later.)

The building was nuked and everyone lost the scenario. The end. 
Darius calls the last surviving people into the main room so then everyone can discuss the scenario. 

(Ax, you can post next with both you heading into the room and with Carver leading the discussion, since technically team-building is Carver's thing.)
(Ps. HAH!)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Ax felt the explosion, then next thing he knew he was back in the simulation room, along with the others. He saw Carver and Darius standing there. They all went to the viewing room, which also doubled as an announcement room.

As soon as everyone was inside, the two instructors decided to start the lecture.
"Can anyone tell me what they personally did wrong?" Carver asked the group, then proceeded to ask his second question. "Or perhaps you could point out what you lack as a group?"
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Before Naomi could properly react, there was a gigantic explosion, and everything went white again. Before she knew it, she was back in the training room, like nothing happened. "What just happened?" Naomi asked. The only response she got was was a mental shrug from Natasha. She just followed everyone else into some sort of room that had a large console, a few video screens that was just showing a blue screen, and few seats around a table. It looked like this was where they controlled everything, while they just sat and watched...

The room was silent when the instructors asked their question. After a moment, Naomi sheepishly raised her hand and shyly spoke. "Um... I... guess I... really had no idea what I was doing... or what anyone was doing, really." She paused when she felt everyone's eyes on her. "I guess if I knew what we were doing, and my actual power... I might have helped a bit more." With that, she stopped talking. She felt too uncomfortable being the center of attention.
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:34 am

"And then the building blew up," Jake finished, both finishing Naomi's summary and agreeing with her. 

Darius looked over at him in amusement. 
"Are you sure you aren't forgetting something else on your part?" 

Jake made a face.
"I already apologized," he complained. "And how was I supposed to know someone was going to open it right then?"

Darius chuckled, he glanced over at Carver.
"So, let's sum those up under 'communication'. Anything else?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2