Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Simulation (Site wide event)

+5
Demosthenes
The Phantom
Lillian
Alex Granit
Axel The Bunny
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Training Simulation (Site wide event) Empty Training Simulation (Site wide event)

Post by Axel The Bunny Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Carver looked down at the students down below in the training room, some of the newer ones obviously confused about what was going on. The more experienced ones probably already could tell this was a skills assessment simulation that they had been gathered for. Darius was next to him in the control room. Along with the new students were a few of the more experienced ones, including Axel who would be acting as team leader. For the new student this would be their time using the simulator in the training room, and aside from a few basic lessons from Darius and himself it would be the first training session in general.

With no further preparations needed Carver hit the button to activate the intercom, after all he had to explain things to the students who didn’t know better. “Ok guys to keep it simple, your goal is to survive and avoid capture for as long as possible. Axel will be acting as team leader, any equipment you might need can be found in the simulation if you look hard enough. Don’t worry; everything in there is perfectly safe.” The truth was that dying in the simulation did not cause a person to actually die. There was no way for the students to actually be killed by anything that happened in the simulation, even if it were something that would kill them in real life.

(Ok from here on I’ll be posting as Axel unless I need to do otherwise)

Axel wasn’t surprised that he was made team leader here, after all out of everyone in the room he had the most training and experience. Of course the simulation meant he would need to find his weapons inside, which wouldn’t be too hard. Except he would also be babysitting the rookies too. Hopefully some of them had useful powers otherwise this thing wouldn’t last long.
“We gonna start this thing soon or what?”
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Training Simulation (Site wide event) Empty Re: Training Simulation (Site wide event)

Post by Alex Granit Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Jayce ran in place, cracking his knuckles. He was completely in the zone for this thing, he would finally get to use his powers without worrying about a non-Esper (or so they were called) seeing him controlling a robot or sending electric pulses up a tree and almost electrocuting a guy. 

His heart immediately sank, though, as Mr. Carter announced that you would only be able to use the things in the simulation as weapons. Let's pray that this is a steam punk simulation  Jayce thought, realizing that the machines were pretty much his only power. You know, you can send electrical currents along several different surfaces. That could be useful! Nautilus said, revealing an unknown power  "Well, why didn't you tell me that?" Jayce said using his telepathic  bond that he had also learned about around 3 weeks ago. Nautilus has been just full of surprises the past few weeks. Well, the discussion of "Hey, do I have any other cool powers?!" Never came up Nautilus defended. "Whatever, so. When are we going to get this started?" Jayce inquired aloud.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jayce Marcos
Wisp Class: Elemental
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Training Simulation (Site wide event) Empty Re: Training Simulation (Site wide event)

Post by Lillian Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:02 pm

As Severine entered the training room, several different glimpses of thoughts ran through her head. She briefly closed her eyes and began tapping her fingers against her leg.
It was only her first week here. She told herself that she could not have an overload in front of the people here. She had no interest in becoming friends with them, or anything like that, but she certainly did not want to show weakness.

She briefly glanced around the room. They hadn't been told what they were gathered for, but Seraphine quickly deduced there would be a simulation, perhaps some type of skills assessment. Her theory was confirmed when one of the teachers spoke. It was indeed a simulation. Seraphine had no experience in fighting with anything other than a dagger and her mind, and even with those she had no proper training. A few scenarios ran through her head, but she honestly was entirely unsure how she would fare.
The idea of the simulation was very intriguing to her. She had a few ideas on how it might work, but she wasn't entirely sure.
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Seraphine Simmons
Wisp Class: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Naomi entered the training room along with several other students. Like them, she was wondering what was going on. Woah... it looks like everyone's here! What is this place? Are we going to have a picnic? Her wisp asked.
"Natasha, this is serious..." She said, quietly. "This is the first time we've all gotten together since we arrived..."
Oh... so no picnic then?
Naomi sighed. "We can have a picnic after this. It'll be a good way to unwind."
Yay! Natasha celebrated to herself, but Naomi couldn't help bust feel very nervous. She looked around. She saw many, many unfamiliar faces, but she saw some familiar faces.

Once the intercom announced what was in store, Naomi was even more nervous. "S-Survive?" Naomi was afraid. She somehow didn't believe that the simulation was safe. She just stayed close to the faces that she recognized, trembling the entire time.
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Naomi McLaughlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosthenes Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:42 am

Isaac tucked in his wings and landed carefully on the soft terrain under him, his bare feet getting a wonderful massage from the damp grass. He looked up at Topanga. "Thank you for this dream, Topanga. But you never answered my question: Why can't I control these dreams I've been having? Why won't these dreams stop?"

Topanga pursed her lips so that it looked as if someone had  glued them together. After minutes without spoken words, she finally answered: "I don't know, Isaac. I cannot know everything; it is humanly impossible. Omniscience is an ability that only the good Lord should possess. No wake up, child. I have given you this moment of relief, but now you must work hard like God intended."

Isaac gave his wisp a smile and a nod. "Goodbye, Topanga." He closed his eyes and slowly gained consciousness until the dream was miles away, yet still fresh.

+++
Isaac strode in the Training Room carelessly. In the past four years at the Institute, he had been in at least twenty simulations, give or take a few. This was a walk in the park—if course, he wasn't arrogant; arrogance always ends up bad.

Isaac walked past the new Espers—hey, there was that Jake and that "slightly overweight girl with an eating disorder," as Topanga out it earlier that morning.—and up to Ax. The two weren't exactly best friends, but Ax was the only person in that room that Isaac could trust. Well, sort of; Ax had played a few pranks on Isaac over the years. (You don't put a lizard in a boy's underwear drawer. Ever.) And don't forget the robbery. Now, however, the two kinda saw eye-to-eye. Kinda.

He leaned over to Axel's ear, his face to it, like he was whispering gossip. "What's it gonna be today? How shall the simulations try to murder us today?"
Demosthenes
Demosthenes

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Isaac Heller
Academy Rank: Unenrolled

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:31 pm

"So, will this be like the Danger Room?" Jake asked excitedly. Are we going to fight a bunch of robots? Wayne added, equally excited. (He saw the tv shows too.) "Are they gonna shoot at us?" Are they gonna shoot bullets? "Ooh, what if we got a vibranium thing! That'd be great!" Ooh, that'd be so cool! Or we could run around like Beastboy! "We could just turn into a dinosaur and tear things up!" Jake paused for a second. I don't think we know how to do that. "Okay, maybe not a dinosaur."

He looked around, eager to start. 

(And Darius is here too, but he's up with Carver, supervising.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk
Wisp Class: Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:55 pm

(Alright let's just jump right in)
Axel looked around at everyone else’s reactions, some seemed rather eager, or at the least intrigued. Others looked worried or scared; meanwhile those with experience, like himself and Isaac were rather calm, since they had done this thing plenty of times already. "I guess we'll have to see"

There was a slight mechanical humming at first, then a flash of light, and silence. It took Axel's eyes a few moments to readjust to the new surroundings. The simulation was incredibly realistic; it was actually indistinguishable from the real world. Axel looked around; they seemed to be in a ruined building, most likely an office building. He stood up, deciding it was best not to be lying down any longer than he needed to be, since they could probably be attacked at any minute. There were two other espers in the same room, and Axel could tell using his clairvoyance that the others were also in the building. The building loomed abandoned, and judging by the holes in some of the walls, this was supposed to be part of some kind of warzone, or former warzone. Axel had been in more simulations than he cared to remember, but it still was pretty impressive how real they felt. “You guys done with your naps?” Axel said to the other two Espers, both obviously newbies. (I’ll let you guys decide who wants to be in the room with me.) The others were in a room down the hall, as far as he could tell, at least most of them were.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 pm

(i volunteer as tribute.also technically it couldn't be Isaac because you stated that they were both rookies) 

Jayce had continued the running in-place until the room started to glow a  flashing white light. He stopped immediately where he was, nervously tapping his thigh with his index finger. He knew pretty much exactly what would happen next. I think it's starting! Nautilus exclaimed in a rather excited tone. Jayce wasn't as excited, a thick swarm of butterflies had settled into his stomach, and they seemed to be growing by the second until, instantly. Gone. No more white flash. No more butterflies. 

What lay in its place was, at least what seemed like, a really old abandoned office building. Hey, this is great! Maybe you'll be able to use some of the electronics in this office as a weapon! Nautilus suggested, trying to make up for the fact that the powers that he had bestowed upon Jayce were pretty much useless without a flat surface or some sort of electrical device. Good Idea!  Jayce thought to nautilus.  

"You guys done with your naps?" A strange yet familiar voice said, echoing inside of his mind like the rattling of machine gun fire.

Isn't that the annoying guy who was skipping class? 
I think so 
So, what are you going to do?
Play it the way I usually do, duh 
That doesn't sound like such a good idea
why would you say that?
Because last time it didn't work out so well
Fine, then what's your idea?
Well, Why don't we try to go through this calm and collected. I know it'll be hard, but if that's what you need to do to survive, then that's what you have to do 
The two conversed, trying to figure out the correct way to approach this guy while also having no idea that this  was a team game pretty much "Yeah, yeah I am. Sorry, though, but what exactly are we supposed to be doing right now?  because I have no idea what to do or what's going on" Jayce said, trying to be as calm as Jayce-ily possible. 
Welp, It's a good start 
Shut up, Nautilus 

Last edited by Alex Granit on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just fixing my grammar a bit)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:51 pm

(lol, I guess I'll be the other newbie.)

The more time that passed, the greater Naomi's fear became. Everyone she asked either didn't know, or didn't tell her. She suddenly felt an electric sort of feel that gave her goosebumps, and without warning, everything had flashed into white. When she next opened her eyes, she was on the ground. Some kind of concrete floor? She stood up and brushed the dust out of her hair. She looked around to see that she was in a crumbling building. What could've happened to this place? And how did she get here?

She heard a familiar voice. It was that guy that took some of her pizza. Axel, was it? And some other guy that she hadn't met before. He seemed excited, or at least that he knew what he was doing. Naomi hated being left in the dark like this. "N-No, no! What is this place? What are we doing? What does he mean by survive? I'm not moving until I get an answer!" Naomi shouted, stomping her foot down. She was breathing heavily. She was clearly afraid, and no one had bothered to give her a clear answer.

So... I guess we're not having a picnic, then? Natasha asked after Naomi's tantrum.
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillian Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 am

((So you said 2 newbies, but there are three of them in this thread... What does Seraphine do now, then, if the other two posted first?))
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:59 am

(I guess she ended up in a different room, i did mention there being others in otther rooms Ax just noticed that the two with him are newbs)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillian Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:31 pm

((Oh you did, okay. Are we rping the other room or does she just disappear from the thread now? ))
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:39 pm

(we're rping the other rooms too, that's why i havent posted yet)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:22 pm

(well I've been waiting for other ppl to post but i guess I'll just go, since i don't wanna let this topic die)

"Relax, it's a training exercise, no real danger,even the pain we feel and any injuries we get aren't real" Axel replied, honestly this girl did have powers didn't she. Axel wasn't a big fan of timid types normally, it was too hard to get them to do anything usually. "Our goal is to avoid getting shot, simple enough?" Axel knew it wasn't quite that simple, but no reason to mention that to the newbies anyway. Their ignorance could be helpful later on after all.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Naomi sighed in relief. So she wasn't in any real danger. But... it felt so real... She looked around to see if there was anyone else, when she jumped again. "Shot?" Naomi shouted. "They're going to shoot us?" Naomi started panicking all over again. Why was she even here? She didn't even know if she had powers!

Naomi, calm down... Natasha replied. Think of the picnic! Think of how relaxing that picnic will be!

"Natasha, this is hardly the time to be thinking about a picnic, we're here doing who know what, and..." She froze. She heard something in the other room. "What is that?" She went behind the people who actually knew what was going on.

(There, now it might not die. Very Happy)
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:18 pm

(go noob room! xP) 

Jayce didn't even bother speaking when the fat girl came up to them and started frantically asking questions about the game. Man, she had no conscious. Even with a whisp in her head.  His ears did, however, perk up at the mention of avoiding to get shot "There are guns here?" Jayce asked, thinking about ways he could put guns on a copy machine and have an awesome robot turret thing. Or even a security camera! Man, he was starting to like destruction for some strange reason. 

Do you think that playing around with guns is really the most healthy option for you?
Um, yeah. What else am I supposed to do, use it? That would be rediculous and an utter waste of time when I could easily at- wait. I don't have any tools. 
Now you get my point. 
Fine, I'll be like one of those weird normal people who can't actually build things. 
Jayce sighed, retracting his previous thoughts for the sake of his well being- and sanity.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Jake and Wayne were pretty excited for the simulator as it was starting up. Jake closed his eyes as the surroundings changed, and they both thought it was neat how the entire feel of the area shifted. High tech stuff. 
Jake looked up. It was rather dim in the small room where he was starting out. He looked around, then scowled. It was a freakin' storage closet. He kicked aside an old and dusty bucket. 
What a lame spawn point. Wayne said, mentally frowning. Jake nodded in agreement. 
"On the plus side, I don't think we'll run out of mops this playthrough."
He tried pushing against the door. It didn't budge. It felt jammed. 
"Are you kidding me?" Jake whined. 
This is the worst spawn point ever. 
"Screw this," Jake growled. He turned into a gorilla. (Which filled up most of the closet.) 
<Good-bye, Door.> Jake wound back his arm and slammed a punch into the door. 
...and it stubbornly stayed un-knocked-off-the-hinges.
Hello, Door. 
<Shuddup. It was only the first try.>
He hit the door again, throwing his weight into it. 
We might get farther with the mop.
<Shuddup.>
He just started pounding on the door, figuring he'd knock it down eventually.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Axel heard something pounding on the door of a supply closet nearby... well somebody seemed to have all the luck. Clairvoyance told him there was a gorilla in there, which meant it was probably Jake. He didn't want to risk opening the door to a gorilla tackling him or something. But somebody had to let monkey-boy out of the closet.

"Hey Sparky, how about you go and let him out, I'll check on the others." With that Axel teleported away into another room, where more of their teammates should have been.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Jayce just sighed a little bit, not wanting to bother the teleport-y guy who could easily drop kick him into next week. He walked reluctantly to the door, feeling the suspense build up as he thought about what in the world could possibly be behind that door.  It sounded like a gorilla was there, t'was probably just some random guy with superhuman strength, though. They seemed the type that would get locked in a closet. 

Suddenly everything was silent besides the constant door banging, Jayce was at the door and Jayce's hand was hovering in front of the door knob, debating in his head whether or not to open the thing. Do it, you wuss Nautilus said, being just about the oposite of what he was supposed to be. Why don't you try to open this door? Oh wait, the only reason that you can actually survive is because of me, so shut your mouth and let me get to it.  Jayce said, thrusting his hand forwards and turning the doorknob, opening it.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:38 pm

<Alright, one more time!>
You said that last time.
Jake wound back anyway, taking a deep breath. He then swung forward... as the door opened. Instead of connecting with the sturdy door, he connected with the less sturdy facial structure of some poor guy. 
Jake froze, wide-eyed. He just decked his teammate. As a gorilla.
Way to go, hero. Wayne said. You didn't kill him, did you? 
Jake dropped back down to human and checked on the guy. Well, he was breathing, at least. 
Oops.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Naomi jumped when that Axel person suddenly teleported away. "So you're just leaving us alone?" Naomi said after he teleported away.

You do know he probably can't hear you, right? Natasha said. Naomi grunted in frustration as she followed the other person. She heard something banging the door of a nearby supply closet. Naomi froze in place, shaking in fear. Naomi jumped when he opened the door and was punched in the face by a gorilla! Naomi jumped and squealed loudly. Of course, the gorilla turned out to be Jake, and she stayed still when Jake went to check on him. "Is he okay?" Naomi asked.
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Jake ran his hand through his hair, frowning. 
"I think," he said, his voice pitching as a question.
 He shook Jayce. "Hey, wake up!" 
What's that supposed to do?
Jake frowned.

(you can wake up, if you like, Alex.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 am

(for the sake of me wanting to kick someone's butt I'll wake him up XP)

Jayce awoke to see two people with awesome hair and a weird coat, they looked exactly the same! "Hey, are you two twins?" He asked, pointing in the middle of the two kids. That's one person, you're seeing double! Nautilus said, face palming, if he even had a face. Or palms.  "Oh, never mind. Hey, what happened?" Jayce asked once more, sitting up and holding his aching head in the palms of his hand. His pain wasn't as emmence as some of the headaches he's had before, though, so he could manage it. Small green bursts of electricity danced around his head, though, so he wasn't sure if it was just adrenaline keeping him from not screaming in pain.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 pm

(Uh, I guess I'll post to move things along.)
"Uh," Jake said, frowning at the kid he just knocked unconscious. "I sort of accidentially punched you in the face," he explained. "Sorry." 
There were green sparks dancing around the guy's head, or maybe his palms, and Jake and Wayne weren't sure of what to make of it. 
"Are you feeling okay? I think I hit you kinda hard."
Kinda?
<Not helping.>
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:05 pm

(ok Sera this is the opening i promised, after this im gonna send in the enemy, Jake try not to incapacitate more teammates xP)

Axel appeared in one of the other rooms, he was sitting on one of the old desks left in the office room. It was still amazing the details that the simulation rendered, making it indistinguishable from the real world. "Hey sleeping beauty, you might not wanna be laying there in the next five minutes." Axel said to the girl still on the ground, probably a sage class since they sometimes took a minute or so more to adjust to the simulation. Something to do with the way their brains worked or something, Axel wasn't sure. either way Carver would undoubtedly be sending in the enemy in a minute, and he wasn't planning on carrying this girl while her mind got used to the simulator.

(there i think that's a sufficient opening, the next round of posting the enemies are coming in.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next