Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs]

+5
Axel The Bunny
Zandor
Catigatoroala
The Phantom
Cerulaen
9 posters

Go down

Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs] Empty Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs]

Post by Cerulaen Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 am

((So I've gotten impatient and even though we haven't finished the Christmas topic yet, I'm posting a new school topic for after winter break is over. Because accurate timelines are overrated.))
    ((Prepare yourself for this class. This is for newbie characters only [new to the Academy, that is]. And Ax.))

The problem with coming in a semester late to a bunch of new students was that the click-clack of the black leather knee-high boots Daquiri wore could not be heard resounding throughout the classroom as she walked into the room. The reason being that most of the kids were all in their own little conversations because they thought the world revolved around them and they had not yet learned the importance of the phrase “silence is golden.” Daquiri hated newbies.
    Slowly walking to the front of the training room, the teacher halted in front of the crowd and brought a hand up to her hip, her other resting on the black cane-like staff she carried; she stared out at the group of kids, an eyebrow raised. First she spotted Axel, made momentary eye contact with him, then glanced at the clock. She stared at it until the moment the minute hand struck the twelve, then sent her piercing gaze back over her audience. She gave one, loud, sharp clap of her hands. Her voice rang out clear and true: “Class has begun.” Most of the kids turned to look at her, quieting down. A few did not. She slowly walked up to a random pair.
    “Would you two like to teach this class for me?” Her voice was ice. The two looked at her slightly wide-eyed for a moment.
    “Uh, no, ma’am,” one said.
    Daquiri kept her steady glare on them. “Then shut up.”
    That seemed to get everyone else’s attention.
    Her heels made satisfying clicks along with the extra tap from her cane as she walked back up to the front in the silence and faced the students. Ahh. “You may call me Ms. Laurens or Ma’am. Lord knows you all call me other things outside this classroom, but if I ever hear you utter anything else, I will personally tie you to the roof upside down with Negator Cuffs and leave you there.” Her voice was as hard and strict as her expression. “You can all consider your time here up until now as a free ride. Starting now, your lives have officially all gone from easy to miserable.” Her mouth twitched into an emotionless smirk. “But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You should all know a bit about me.”
    She spread out her arms. “To those that know of it, I am basically the Avatar.” She gave a mock bow. “The only difference between me and Aang…is absolutely everything.” She crossed her arms almost smugly. “The word ‘peaceful’ is not in my vocabulary, maggots. When you do things in this room, you do them my way, no questions asked. If you have a problem with that, I will gladly dump you in the tank of my pet shark and you can talk it over with him. Now that—”
    Daquiri stopped at the sound of the door opening. She lifted an eyebrow at the newcomer, an obviously fresh face. She made it a point to know all of her students before meeting them, however.
    “Gale Turner,” she said calmly. “You are…” she looked at the clock, “four minutes and twelve seconds late.”
    The ash blond boy gave her a crooked grin and ambled across the room to the rest of the group like he had all the time in the world. “I thought there was somethin’ about not being counted late unless it’s five minutes or over,” he said lazily.
    Daquiri folded her hands over the jeweled top of her cane, resting the butt of it straight in front of her. “Please come to the front of the class, Mister Turner.” Rolling his eyes, though the lazy smirk still intact, the boy shoved his hands in his hoodie pockets and strolled up to the front of the room. Daquiri addressed the rest of the class. “I do not tolerate tardiness in this class. I am taking time out of my day to teach each and every one of you to be the best fighters you can be, so if you plan on missing as much as a second of that time, you had better get Enrique himself to cover for your asses if you don’t want to receive the consequences for it.”
    She turned back to the offending student. “Give me your hand, Mister Turner.”
    Gale looked mildly confused for a moment. “Uh…what?”
    Daquiri gave him a look of ice. “Give me. Your hand. Mister Turner.”
    Still looking confused, the teen slowly lifted a hand out of his pocket and held it out.
    Grabbing firm hold of it and with no further preamble, Daquiri leaned her cane against the wall to heat up her index finger to burning temperatures, and began drawing a line in the skin of Gale’s wrist. The boy gave a very manly yelp and tried to jerk his hand away out of instinct, but her grip was iron, and he couldn’t pull away from her despite being more than a foot taller. Daquiri finished her drawing before forcing his arm into the air, exposing the burnt wrist to the rest of the class. A blistering red ‘A’ stood out against his lightly tanned skin, the point of it turned up towards his hand.
    “‘A’ is for attendance, class,” she announced. “Hopefully this will stand as a reminder for Mister Turner to show up to class on time, and hopefully, you will all learn to follow the same example.” She released the boy’s hand.

((You may now all react with your own amusing bouts of horror.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Magical Cerunicorn

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Julia Everett
Wisp Class: Elemental
Academy Rank: Beginner

https://hawthornevalley.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs] Empty Re: Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs]

Post by The Phantom Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 pm

(This will be loads of fun! Well, for me, not for poor Naomi. XD)

Naomi wasn't exactly the talkative type... of course, she hadn't made any real friends yet. On the other hand, Natasha was talking up a storm in her mind. Naomi was a little annoyed as well. What was she even doing here? She wasn't a fighter. She wasn't even in shape! She looked back when the teacher entered the room. She couldn't place her finger on it, but she had an intimidating air around her...

That was ultimately proven correct once she spoke. Once she announced that the class had begun, Naomi flinched, and the room became silent. Well, mostly silent. Naomi shyly shrunk in her shirt as she walked past her. Naomi was now getting nervous. In her old school, she managed to get along with her teachers, but now, she wasn't so sure. I like her. She seems neat. Natasha said, completely oblivious to what she was saying.

Then there was one person who entered the room late. She and most of the other students looked back to see who it was. Naomi wasn't fond of confrontations like this, but then she decided to make an example. Naomi was shocked that she burned the kid's wrist, and then she was quivering in her boots. Hmm... I'm not so sure I like her anymore... Natasha replied, while Naomi couldn't help but agree. This probably wasn't going to end well for her...
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Naomi McLaughlin
Wisp Class: Matter

Back to top Go down

Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs] Empty Re: Ms. Laurens' Class for Noobs, Numero Uno [Required for Academy Noobs]

Post by Catigatoroala Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:59 am

The first thing Autumn O'Reilly noticed was the red hair. 
     Sweet, you can be twins with your teacher, Finnigan enthused.
     That's kinda weird, Otto told her wisp. But yeah! Otto's own hair was definitely redder than the teacher's, which had a more golden tint, and while hers was crazy curly, their new instructor's strawberry blonde hair came down in smooth, precise waves. They were both pale, too. Otto wondered if she was Irish. That would be even cooler. Maybe this would be fun.
     The lady's outfit looked pretty badass, with a black tank top and tight leather pants, and the black, knee-high, high-heeled boots, which made short, sharp clicks against the floor. She had a black cane, too. At first, Otto wondered if she was gonna do some sort of tap dance routine. But with one look at the teacher's stone cold face, she realized it would be more likely to see the cane used for a more violent purpose.

By the end of Miss Laurens' little... er, display, Otto was slack-jawed, and her eyebrows had shot up, refusing to come back down.
     ... Sh**.
     So much for having fun around here.

Last edited by Catigatoroala on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandor Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Rowen never talked in class when the teacher walked in he put his pocket watch that his mom had given him in his pocket. He thought the teacher was was unique. until he saw what the teacher did to the kid who walked in late. "Flare am I going to die?"
"Rowen i think everyone is going to die." Rowen was especially worried because he had a habit of sleeping in.

Zandor

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Rowan Tate

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Axel decided to keep quiet through the speech, despite how amusing it would be to undermine Ms. Laurens' authority. Of course these kids obviously hadn't heard much about her.
Axel was a little disappointed at the teacher's punishment of some idiot. Honestly had she run out of ideas already? In all he would give the punishment a three out of ten...apparently she was going easy on the newbies.
Axel walked from the wall he had been leaning against to where Ms. Laurens and the newly branded idiot was. The thing would definitely hurt but it didn't look like it was too serious in actuality. Axel had been given worse when he was a newbie.
"Getting soft in your old age?" Of course the newbie had probably learned his lesson. If you’re going to be late to Ms. Laurens’ class don’t show up.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:45 am

Jake hadn't been paying much attention when the teacher started, but his attention was drawn in by the extremely strict display culminating in a student being burned over being late.
Well. Maybe you should just check into the hospital now. Wayne quipped.
<I'll have a reserved seat after the first week.> Jake agreed. He was regularly late to just about everything. And tended to talk in class. So, this would inevitably get him in trouble. Which apparently meant physical pain. ...was it too late to drop this class?
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk
Wisp Class: Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Zandor wrote:"Flare am I going to die?"
"Rowen i think everyone is going to die."

((Gold. I laughed so hard.))
((I promise this is my last superduper long post. Heh. We finally get to meet Jules!)

Without looking at Axel as he came up and made his usual snide remark of a greeting, the ground erupted around him and buried him in rock and dirt up to his knees. It wasn’t meant to hold him by any means, as Daquiri knew he could get out of it in a second, but it was a bit of a routine thing between them. “Save your ass of a mouth for the rest of the students, Mister Stone,” she said to him, in a quieter voice than the rest of the class could hear. “If you think your position in this class makes you any less subject to my authority, I’ll have Cain cut out your tongue the next time he catches you.” Sometimes, she had to wonder why she’d ever agreed to Enrique’s proposal of having him teacher assist this class.

Julia Everett wasn’t in the best of moods. It was like, 20 degrees outside, so she couldn’t wear the new skirt she’d ordered from Saks since she didn’t have tights to go with it, she’d found out she was sharing a room with someone, which was ridiculous considering the closet space, and to make it worse, she was pretty sure she’d chipped her manicure.
  And she was late for this stupid class thing she was supposed to be at, but that was pretty whatever. She tended to slide under teacher-radar in basically all classes since she did well, so she wasn’t really worried. Though, this was a combat class.
  She pulled out a nail file from her purse when she found the room number she was looking for and gingerly worked at filing her nail smooth, not really paying attention as she opened the door and walked inside. She only looked up from her nails when she realized the room was completely silent. She raised a waxed eyebrow. “Um, hi? I’m new here?”
  The young woman at the front, who Julia assumed must be the teacher, despite looking more like a Playboy Bunny model for an MMA magazine than an actual combat instructor, narrowed her eyes at her like she’d just become the lowest species on the planet. On second thought, she looked a bit too mean to be a Bunny. Or a lot too mean.
  “I imagine you’re the transfer student,” the woman said, rather coldly to be much of a welcome, in Julia’s opinion. “I’m afraid you just missed a very important demonstration of the consequences of being late to my class. I’ll need you to come up here to make sure you’re caught up to the rest of the class.”
  “Oh-kay…” Julia conceded, shooting a weirded-out look from the teacher to the pretty attractive blond guy that was slinking away from her, a rather sulky look on his face. In fact, if she wanted to be really pessimistic, she’d say he looked almost…afraid. That made her want to scoff, though, and she held her head high as she sauntered up to the front of the room. She refused to be intimidated in the least by teachers.
  Coming to a stop in front of the class, Julia cocked a hip, rested a hand on it, and used the other to slowly flip her red curls away from her face. She was fairly confident that she’d be able to get out of any punishment this lady delivered. Hell, even with the woman’s heeled boots, Julia still stood a good few inches taller than her. She was practically looking down at her. She had this in the bag.
  When the woman’s hands burst into flames, though, she was a little less sure.
  “What the he—?”
  Julia had to cut herself off when a blur of fire shot out at her side, almost letting out a scream as she jumped out of the way. Even missing the brunt of it, she could feel the blazing heat and was pretty sure her arm hair was burned off. She didn’t have much time to dwell on it, though, since the crazy redheaded teacher lady kept coming at her. She did yelp a bit when the hits actually started connecting.
  “What is wrong with you?” she snapped, still trying to dodge. She could smell something burning, and she was immediately concerned for her hair.
  “This class could very soon become your life,” the woman said, dead serious and her expression emotionless, “so consider this a life lesson.” The woman abruptly stopped in her advance against her, and sent one more blow at her.
  Straight at her face.
  Julia wasn’t sure if it was instinct or Sylvia’s sharp, loud call of her name in her head, but before she could even comprehend what she was doing, the sixteen-year-old had shot up her hand and formed a shield of ice on her arm about an inch thick. She felt the woman’s blow connect with it and she almost fell over from the force, but she managed to keep herself standing. And then it was quiet.
  After a moment of nothing happening, Julia melted the remaining ice from her arm and slowly lowered it. The woman had raised her own perfect brows, studying her in a way that made Julia think she was moderately surprised. At what, she wasn’t particularly sure.
  “Are you crazy?” Julia snapped, her cheeks flushed from anger, indignation, and adrenaline. “What were you trying to do, kill me?”
  The teacher calmly picked up her cane from where she’d dropped it. “You may join the group now. Demonstration over.” She turned to return to her previous position, but paused and said over her shoulder, “You will see me after class.” And then she ignored her like nothing had even happened.
  Still irate, but not sure of what else to really do, Julia spun on her heel and stormed over by the rest of the group, not quite joining them and sending death glares towards anyone that looked at her. She was not going to let this go. Ever.

“Alright, leeches,” Daquiri began like she hadn’t almost sent a student to the hospital, her tone serious with the slightest hint of condescension, “now that we’re clear on the repercussions of tardiness, we can move on to the actual learning of this class.” She paused in her slow pacing to cast an icy gaze over the group of students, then continued on walking. “Before we begin, you should know that I hate you all, and I look forward to failing each and every one of you. Which, if you are so unfortunate as to make it out of my class alive, you most certainly will.” She stopped again, but this time she turned toward the kids with a humorless, if not slightly sadistic smile on her face. “But I suggest you all try your best, or you won’t make it through the first week. Now, the lesson!” The redhead centered herself in front of the group before backing up. “I strongly believe in learning on the job, and you’ll come to find I build the majority of my classes around that method. Lesson One, however, happens to be one of my personal favorites.” Another sadistic smile. “I like to call today’s lesson ‘Survival.’ The rules are simple: don’t die, and you get an A. Everybody ready?” The teacher’s right hand lit up with fire as she held it up, and she continued on without waiting for an answer. “Good. Begin.” And without any further warning, Daquiri lobbed almost a dozen white-hot fireballs at the group.

((I'll post Julia's reactions in my next post.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Magical Cerunicorn

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:26 pm

(Sigh. I was hoping someone else would be moving this along... but no.)

Naomi kept her hood over her eyes when yet another late student came around. She didn't want to be here anymore. She decided that she would take humiliation over psychopaths any day. The teacher finished her demonstration, and Naomi somehow managed to look back up at the teacher. Naomi felt like she was about to cry, but she somehow managed to keep herself planted in her spot.

Well, at least until she started throwing fireballs at everyone. Naomi immediately ran to the corner, cowering in the corner. She suddenly felt a hot sensation on her back. Once she looked back, she saw that her sweater was on fire! Naomi rolled around to try to put the fire out, and she threw the coat off her back. She stomped it a couple times to get the fire out. Of course, now she was only in her normal outfit that had exposed her fat stomach. Of course, her skin wasn't burned, thanks to her newly found powers. She just hoped that the sweater wasn't damaged. It was still cold outside...
The Phantom
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Naomi McLaughlin

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:06 am

*dodges fireballs and wonders why he's at this school, because I honestly can't think of anything worthwhile to post.*
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Sam didn't expect his first class at Hawthorne to be too exciting. Probably just some ice-breaker activity, where he'd partner up with someone and play "Two Truths And A Lie" and get a syllabus and talk about their Wisps or something. Typical first day stuff. He couldn't have been more wrong.

The first thing that struck him as unusual was the teacher. Tank top? Leather pants? Knee high heels? Hardly normal teacher clothes. Then branding a kid for being late? Okay, Sam thought. This lady is really starting to scare me. And then the icing on the crazy cake was when she started chucking fireballs at the students like a volcano on crack. It didn't help that Niko was singing "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen the entire time. Definitely not your typical first day.
Walt
Walt

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Sam Walton

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:50 am

(Ok time to bring in Atiya, since i had not much, also Ax gets to bug you all and generally cause more trouble, yay : D)

Axel
Axel rolled his eyes at the threat, The redheaded teacher knew better than to expect him to actually follow that advice. "And since when did I care about your authority?" Axel remarked, before teleporting out of the hole and to the other side of the room. The new girl showed up before any repercussions could take place, not that Axel really needed to worry much about that.
When you can be on the other side of the academy in an instant it made it easy to avoid trivial things like punishments. Being slightly submerged into the ground hadn’t really intimidated him either, it simply wasn’t the type of thing he had to worry much about when he had his guard up. Sure he wouldn’t be able to take any of the instructors in a fight of course, they all had at least a decade of training compared to his five. Axel watched the girl’s interaction with Ms. Laurens in amusement. Axel decided to sit back and watch the class for now, knowing the redheaded instructor, it was sure to be interesting.

Atiya
Atiya thought that Ms. Laurens was an interesting teacher, she had assumed that all the teachers were boring like Darius, or pansies like Carver.  At least they had one interesting teacher here. She found the woman’s branding of that asshole Gale rather fantastic. The boy had annoyed her all morning, and she figured she would have to kick his ass after this class to get him to stop.
Atiya didn’t  think much about the  girl who came a few minutes after and decided to just watch the fireworks. Eventually they finally started and Atiya managed to dodge the first few fireballs headed her way before she almost collided with one. She managed to grab onto something and pull it infront of her, using it as a shield.
Turns out that something was actually someone…oops? She managed to recognize them as Jake…that guy she had met at the Halloween thing. Hopefully he wasn’t too mad…after all it was just a fireball, right?
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:06 am

"Holy-" As soon as the fireballs went flying, Otto yelped and dove to the floor. "How is this educational in any way?!"
Otto, what are we gonna do? cried Finn.
"Like she said, not die!" Otto yelled. This situation was too crazy for regular thought communication. No, Otto preferred to yell. She definitely felt like yelling right now. Dear God, my teacher is a psychopath.
She looked around wildly at her equally panicked classmates, and her eyes caught something along the wall. Weapons, and some shields like something out of a medieval story. She ran for it. Don't hit me, don't hit me, don't hit me...
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandor Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:06 am

Rowen had been relived when she shot fire he had stood there and took the fire when he saw some of his shirt got burnt he got annoyed "this was my favorite shirt why would you do this!" He saw a girl use a boy for a shield and helped he stuck his hand out and put out the fire he then blasted the biggest threat in the room axle he then fell on the ground and started Panting. "Well maybe I shouldn't have done that good night." He then passed out on the floor.

Zandor

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Rowan Tate

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:17 am

[Let me just bump the topic. Anyone have anything they want to post?]
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:09 am

[Feels like we're just stalling right now. I'd vote for advancing the topic]
Walt
Walt

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:54 pm

(lol probably a good idea, I'll go poke Cru about it)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:06 pm

((Okay. I'm so sorry everyone. I got caught up with school back when we were posting in this, then after a while I just...kinda forgot about it... But hey, time to pick it up again!))

Daquiri surveyed all the students scrambling around the room like terrified mice with a bit of satisfaction. However, she had to remind herself that she did actually have to teach these kids. And technically getting them killed was frowned upon by Enrique. That thought made her frown.
"Remember this is a fighting class, maggots," she yelled over the mixed noises of confused students. "Each and every one of you have a power, and no matter how small you might think it is, you can almost always use it for something. So stop panicking and think."
With that, she made a few more changes to the room. She pushed up earth mounds through the pliable floor, leaving some as just cumbersome piles of dirt, and building others into thick walls varying in height. In other places, she formed puddles of water here, trenches of water there. The room became a mess of different obstacles, with her blows of fire balls once again picking up.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Magical Cerunicorn

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:04 pm

(( It's okay, I'm in the same boat lol))

Think about what, how not to die on my first day of school? Sam thought to himself as he rolled away from another fireball. Why don't we just fry her? suggested Niko, who had finally stopped singing. Sam was about to make a sarcastic remark about how "just frying someone" is Niko's solution to every problem, when he realized something. Actually, that's not a bad idea, thought  Sam, puzzled by the sudden usefulness of his wisp's usually terrible advice. Dodging forever isn't a very good long-term strategy. And this is a school for future superheroes, right? Somebody's gotta step up. Either that or you've been inhaling too much smoke, Niko muttered. Sam ducked behind a rock pile and whipped out his stun gun, but cursed under his breath when he realized he hadn't charged it up prior. I only have enough juice for one shot, Sam thought to himself. Really hope this works. Sam jumped up from his cover and shot a blast of electricity straight at Ms. Laurens, the air around his hand crackling as the arc leapt from his fingertips.
Walt
Walt

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 am

((May i join?))
Ginger
Ginger

Location : in the hospital cuz of POKEMON GO HYPE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Ginger Fyxen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikarus Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:29 am

(may i join as well?)
Ikarus
Ikarus

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Ikarus Aika
Academy Rank: Intermediate II

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down