Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikarus Aika

3 posters

Go down

Ikarus Aika Empty Ikarus Aika

Post by Ikarus Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 pm

name: Ikarus Aika(Ai as a nick name)

Years at academy: 4

Family: Tsumiko Aika(Mother) Ander Aiko(Father)

History: Ikarus was always a girl who was a odd character. she as a young girl was known for cos-playing and coming to school with her haired dyed a exotic color, or contacts in that made her look like she had no eyes at all. As a girl who grew up in a traditional Japanese village she was a bit bored. While other girls where wearing there uniforms, she was wearing jeans or a skirt with a odd colored hair color. Her family moved a few years ago when she was 13, because her father had to do something for his work, and his mother had to do some research.. She gained a wisp when she was about to go to a magnet school(A school that you have to apply for that has a private program for a specific subject) in a different country, making her family move with her. during that time, she slowly learned she some how had wings, that would disappear then reappear, as well as a soft voice in her head. eventually she told her parents and her parents talked. Both her parents had wisps it turned out,(Though they did have trouble controlling there powers, but always said Ikarus was seeing things) her father had control of air, and her mother could turn into a cheetah. They decided to send her off to a school they heard about form one of there old friends, Emily star had mentioned this over the phone that a new school opened up. Hawthorn Academy for gifted students. After she was sent there and entered into the acadam, she was a diligent student. she trained to learn how to actively control her wings tough some times they just seem to have a mind of there own. She also had a bit of a trouble some time, since most of the boy seemed to not like the fact she had huge wings and would really find that trying to date a girl who had wings was a bit weird. After a few years, Ikarus gave up on trying to make friends, and would let fate decide.

Physical appearance: Ikarus is a tall slender girl, Standing at 6'2. She usually has her hair dyed Pink or Teal. she also likes to wear pink contacts. her usual clothing is a tee shirt and pants or a tee and skirt. she some times will cos-play, wearing something she likes from a cos-play. She has areas in her clothing for her wings, which she keep out most of the time.

Personality: Ikarus is a friendly girl or likes to flirt with boys. She like to stay near crowds, and she loves t0 be the center of attention. Her reaction to when people try to scare her is to curl into a ball, or to scream. She also dosn't like violence but will fight if she has to. She has a big flaw to her though in which she has trouble not haveing exotic hair colors, or eye colors. she finds this disturbing not haveing colored hair or eyes. She finds that most people are rude, mainly for not commenting on how she is looking or saying a proper greeting. she Also finds that people who are nice are more attractive.

Wisp: the wisp is quite shy, and dosnt like haveing to "Share someone." It thinks that if some one is overly friendly, like kissing Ikarus, it get overly jealous and will pester to Ikarus that she should be careful. It also is very protective, and will help warn Ikarus when she needs it. Its favorite way of useing it powers is to show off. The wisps name is Ander. Ander is a boy.

Wisp class: Beast( Wings of a bird, Around the size of her arms. they are measured at 10'7

Super Powers: Ikarus can Fly with wings that have grown into her back after constant use of them. they do though disappear at times that it seems convenient. The wings are 3'7 and are white. They are sturdy but not unbreakable. they are also highly sensitive.

Weakness: Ikarus loves to flirt and show off, which in turns bites her in the back, she can quickly get to close to some one bad, or some one can observe and see her special powers.

Talent: Singing and Creating costumes, as well as flying.

Other: she likes to eat noddles and finds Japanese Ramen delicious.

Last edited by Ikarus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:23 am; edited 6 times in total
Ikarus
Ikarus

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Ikarus Aika
Wisp Class: Beast
Academy Rank: Intermediate II

Back to top Go down

Ikarus Aika Empty Re: Ikarus Aika

Post by Axel The Bunny Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:46 am

contrary to popular belief, they don't walk around wearing kimonoo all the time in japan, also what you describe with the cosplay or the dying her hair isn't that unusual in Japan, it's more or less the entire basis of stereotypical Otaku life style.

aside from cultural notes here's what troubles me

first off your character is 16 years old, if her parents were both espers, she would have known about it, because supernatural powers can't realistically be hidden for that long. Also the academy has only been open for 13 years, as stated in the lore so her parents could not have attended it.

why did her family move to Japan in the first place, and what is a "magnet school" just for clarification.

Also you say you've been at the academy for 4 years, what happened during those years? that does still count as part of her history and part of her life after all.

Another comment i have is that an 8 foot wingspan would not be big enough to make her able to fly. maybe it would be plausible for a shorter girl/smaller girl, but taller also means more mass, so you might wanna fix that.

also you should add more to your personality, and reword things to be easier to understand. I recommend reading it out loud to see what doesn't make sense.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikarus Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:12 pm

bump
Ikarus
Ikarus

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

alright i guess that's good enough, so approved wait for somebody else to approve it though.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Most Espers tend to name their wisp, so they're not referring to the wisp as "that alien guy in my head" or "it". I suggest you do the same. Often, they also assign it a gender, so if you want you can do that as well. 

So, I don't understand how it's hard to date a girl with wings, especially if she can put them away. And since the wisp can only really interact with its Esper, and that won't affect other people's willingness to talk to her. And when you say "she also finds that people who are nice are attractive" do you mean that she personally finds it attractive when people are nice, or that she's observed that people who are attractive are also nice? Please reword to clarify.

I believe that's about it, so once you fix those things up, and then I'll approve this. Very Happy
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikarus Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 am

Bump, bump
Ikarus
Ikarus

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:48 am

Alrighty-o, approved. xP
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum