A Halloween Haunting (Holiday Event)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Halloween Haunting (Holiday Event)

Post by Stelley on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:10 am

Amber usually liked horror, and this...event should have appealed to her. But really? The voice was cool, but the chains were totally overkill. So she checked her time--still a long way to go till midnight. Then she heard Jake say something about this not being on the script.
What do you think, Clair de Lune?
What do you mean, what do I think? I hate horror, and the only reason I didn’t stop you from coming was because of that costume of yours.
Is this part of the show or not?
Clair was silent for a moment, and replied wonderingly. I honestly don’t know, Amber. They’re a bit too real for my taste.
Amber shut up after that. It seemed like there was no escape, so might as well wait until midnight.
Stelley

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Amber Atlaya
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:45 am

Naomi still felt nervous, but her nerves calmed down once the show was about to begin. It really was an excellent view. And then some stranger suddenly appeared on stage. She was shaking in terror, and she was rattling the balcony slightly. "W-What are those things? Those aren't real ghosts, are they?" Naomi never liked scary movies. She always ran off during the middle of them, and hid in the bathroom until her friends dragged her home. And the comment the girl said to Jake made things worse. "They're going to kill us?" Naomi shouted, terrified. "W-We got to get out of here!"

Naomi would've bolted right then and there, but there were people on both sides of her, and there was no room to get around. She noticed that the doors seemed to be locked, and people were trying to break them open. Hey! That's not fair! How are we supposed to get snacks now? Natasha complained.

"Forget that! How are we supposed to get out of here?" Naomi said, meaning to talk to Natasha, but it came out louder than she intended.
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Naomi McLaughlin
Academy Rank: Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:55 pm

[Alright, just an OOC clarification, the 'ghosts' and any other Halloween baddies you see will not actually harm you or anyone else. They also won't do anything to cause someone to harm themselves or someone else. They also probably won't physically interact with any people. That being said, anything else is pretty much fair game from transformations, 'magic', and any sort of scares. Feel free to add some ghostly actions into your post and try to scare your character. Or other characters. Just be reasonable with it.]

"Hey, calm down," Jake said, putting his palms up. "Calm down." He glanced back down at the bit of chaos below, then back at his companions.
"Come on, we're superheroes--" he said, motioning for visual aid. "No one's dying, we can handle this."
"We should track down our Phantom of the Megaplex and see what we can do about this," Jake suggested. He and Wayne were running through a few different plans to solve this. Most of them involved tracking down the masked man and going from there.
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk
Wisp Class: Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:27 pm

"You know usually the fat girl and the overly optimistic guy are the first to go right?" Still she did want to find this wannabe phantom, one of those ghosts was looking at her funny.

"Jus' don't go suggestin' we split up." Atiya said. She figured whatever was going on, this phantom guy would know a way out. She had better things to do than playing ghost hunter or watching the big girl freak out. Instead of sitting around she got up and started heading towards the direction they came from.
"You guys comin' or what."
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Academy Rank: Advanced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:15 am

"What?" Naomi screamed once she heard her comment. Luckily, all the ghosts were preoccupied with the multitude of panicking people below. "T-T-That can't be t-true, right? Y-Y-You're making that up!" Naomi cried out. Even though she hadn't seen a lot of horror movies, she at least knew that the fat one wasn't the first to go. Then again, she couldn't recall any of said horror movies that did feature someone with her build. While she was quivering in her metaphoric boots, the others had gone around and started going back down. Naomi was the last one to climb back down off the balcony.

"So your plan is to look for the guy that caused all this?" Naomi said in disbelief. "Shouldn't we be more focused on escaping?" She said, cowering behind the other three. She was trying to look everywhere at once. Hopefully, she wouldn't be caught off guard...
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:07 am

Cat had found a seat at the end of one of the middle rows, and, realizing she should probably take off her hood, she did just that. She perked up a bit when the man speaking mentioned music, although his odd attempt at saying 'spooooky' drained her enthusiasm, and instead made her knit her eyebrows together critically. Claudia was derisive.
     And then the show really started.
     When the ghosts appeared out of the walls and the ceiling, she knew something was up. She'd been here for three years. The special effects had never been this good. Of course, there was a possibility that they just happened to find some kid this year to help them with the effects. But there was still that nagging feeling, telling her that something was, indeed, very wrong. Besides, simply going on 'possibility' had never been good enough for Cat.
     She got out of her seat, and one of the ghosts that had come out of the wall beside her floated closer with an eerie laugh. She stared at it for a second, then aimed a kick at it experimentally. It immediately shot into her face with a yell. She took a step back and glared at it coldly.
     "Back off."
     Apparently it understood, because it zipped away, presumably to try to scare someone else.
     She looked up at the stage, where a masked man had appeared, and was now saying something about a 'Halloween haunting, for their viewing pleasure'. She hurried towards the front. If she could just get close enough to gauge the emotions of the men on the stage, then she would be able to determine if this was actually just part of the show or not. And if not, she had to figure out what the heck that masked man was trying to pull. 
     As she ran forward, he continued speaking, claiming they were now going to star in their own movie. 
     {Sounds lame to me,} grumbled Claudia.
     Shush, Cat scolded.
     The masked man waved an arm, and something glowed in her peripheral vision, but Cat didn't let herself get distracted by what he was doing now. She was almost there now- The masked man whipped his cloak around him and disappeared as she skidded to a stop in front of the stage.
     She was close enough to determine now, at least, that the man with the microphone really didn't know what was going on. That only made the fact that she had missed the masked man even more sour.
     She looked around, hoping to catch sight of the other Espers.
     {Too many people, and not enough lighting,} noted Claudia.
     Yeah, I got that.
     {You sure?}
     This isn't the time, Claudia.
     {Hmph. Fine.}
     Cat rolled her eyes, and climbed onto the end of the stage, scanning the crowd. She saw now that the windows were chained. Also, there was a pounding noise coming from the double doors near the stage. That couldn't be good.

Last edited by Catigatoroala on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:54 pm

"No one is going to die," Jake insisted again. "And we're going to stick together." 
Jake looked around, the ghosts seemed to be mostly concentrated inside the auditorium, and they had came back into the main area when they came down from the staff balcony. The main entrance to the complex had the same ethereal-looking chains over it that the windows of the auditorium had. Just to check, Jake walked over to it and gave it a sharp tug. It didn't budge. Figured. He turned back to the others. 
"From what it looks like, the best way to both find out what's going on and leave is to track down this Phantom," he said. Jake ran his hand through his hair, thinking of where someone could be hiding. He figured it was a real person, because otherwise they were stuck. 
"There should be maintenance areas above and below the complex," Jake guessed. "We should probably start in one of those places."
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Ginger was under a chair, preoccupied with her backpack, stuffed with goodies. Then, Vixen spoke up,
Look, there's someone on the stage!
Ginger raised her head for a better look. The man, who appeared to be the host of the show, was interrupted by another guy in a mask. Ginger frowned. This didn't seem like part of the show. Then, some chains slid over the auditorium windows, and everybody began to panic.
What are they panicking about? They have food.
Vixen seemed to be nodding. Then, a ghostly thingy slid down to look at Ginger, who was still under her little folding chair. Ginger hissed in surprise, and tried to bite it, but her teeth just passed through it. The ghost floated away, leaving her with her ears flat and her tail all bushed up. Vixen said,
You should really find out what's going on-that didn't seem like special effects to me.
Ginger half nodded in agreement, and climbed on top of the chair. The big double doors to the building were locked, but Ginger bounded over there to test it herself. Ginger shook her head wildly. How did she get into this mess?
Ginger

Location : in the hospital cuz of POKEMON GO HYPE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Ginger Fyxen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:26 pm

"Well if we find Phantom dude, he'll probably know the way out right?" Atiya explained, honestly it wasn't like she was serious about this whole thing being a horror movie, if anything it was probably some random kid, after all she hadn't heard anything about a haunted megaplex in this town. This place didn't exactly scream spiritual party location.

"Why you worryin' so much anyways, your likable you won't die." Atiya said, in some attempt to be reassuring. She wasn't usually the type to try and calm somebody down, often she was more likely to yell at them to stop a wimp. But the last thing she wanted was the big girl to end up wetting herself. Maybe it had something to do with the fact she was responsible for the girl being here in the first place. Either way the girl having a mental breakdown would not be good, she already seemed to have some issues, and maybe Atiya had gone a bit overboard with her joking.
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stelley on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 am

Amber gave them all her signature crooked grin, and for a moment she didn't look so girly. Then she took off the wig and stuffed it into her bag. "Guess I won't be needing that for a while," she said. "So we're going to stick together and find the dude." She cocked an ear towards the crowd. "They'll be in a frenzy pretty soon, when everyone figures out this isn't exactly a show. We should get moving." 
Clair? A little help?
Shush, Amber. I'm thinking. Searching for the Phantom would be the logical choice right now, but what next? How are we to force him, if needed? I just don't like this.
It'll be fine, Clair. We're supposed to be non-regular humans, right?
Supposed to be, yes. The Phantom may be one of you, too.

Amber tried to ignore Clair's practical, pessimistic attitude. "Let's go top to bottom," she suggested. "I'm not too eager to go below right now."
Stelley

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Amber Atlaya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:53 am

Naomi calmed down a fair amount. It made sense that the only clue to finding that the Phantom would be the only way they might have a chance at leaving. She also calmed down when she was told that she was likeable. She was a little touched that she was told that she was likeable, even if she wasn't sure if she meant it. Why are you so worried? Aren't you invincible? Natasha asked.

Not completely invincible... Naomi replied to her. She suddenly felt a chilling breeze. Were some of those ghosts following her? "Um... I agree... going down, bad..." Naomi replied. She was still feeling awfully jumpy...

Last edited by The Phantom on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing the formatting. Stupid brackets...)
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:26 pm

"Alright, up it is, then," Jake said with a nod. "I think the stairs were over that way," he started.

Suddenly, a ear-piercing howl broke the relative quiet of the lobby area. One of the doors at the far end of the lobby broke open with a slam. (It was an inside door, so the doors out are still sealed up tight.) 
In the door way was a massive monster, with fur all over its body. It stood on two legs, but on its toes like a dog. Jake didn't make too many other notes on what it looked like, because that seemed like an excellent signal to go. 
"Times up, let's go!" 
He backed up a few steps, keeping an eye on the monster but not darting off until the others were going. 

[Alright, so big bag wolf or something's here. Whoo. By the way, Cat, that's behind your door too. So have fun! lol just stare it down. You're clearly the most intimidating thing in the room. The no harm rule still applies]
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:53 am

Atiya saw Jake take off from the door, and a with him out of the way she could clearly see what could only be described as a werewolf. Her sense of smell, which was rather sensitive due to her being a beast class esper, told her this thing was real. Or at least not some person in a costume, that much was for sure.
Well things were certainly going to be fun, that much was for sure. "Get outta here, I'll handle the werewolf."
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:19 pm

(I suppose I should respond to this before Thanksgiving shows up. ^^; No matter, all the retail stores skip Thanksgiving anyway. tongue )

The moment the gigantic wolf burst through the door, Naomi screamed loudly and hightailed it in the opposite direction! She didn't even bother to see if the others were coming with her, she just ran. It didn't take her too long for her to get completely lost. Um... I think we're lost... Natasha helpfully replied.

"I-I-It's f-fine, Natasha..." Naomi said, quivering. "W-We were s-supposed t-to go up into the maintenance area, right?" She wandered the hallways looking for something regarding maintenance area, or her friends... or anyone really.
The Phantom

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:30 am

(sorry. Things got really busy with school. So, I guess it's speed run time to end this before December. I'm going to go ahead and compress this to move it along a bit faster.)

Jake started off up the stairs to the maintenance area with Amber, and was the last one up, when he realized that Atiya wasn't following. She seemed intent in fighting a werewolf for some reason. 
"What? No! You can't fight wer--" suddenly the 'employee only' door shut in his face, shutting Atiya off from them. Jake gave the door a frustrated punch then looked around. 
"Where's Naomi?" 
Wow, she can really book it, Wayne marveled. 
Jake sighed. "Alright, first we find her, then we find the phantom."

It took a while, but they finally found Naomi wandering the halls, looking rather lost.
"There you are!" Jake exclaimed, relieved that they had found her. "You alright?" 

"You know," a familiar voice suddenly piped up. "usually the group's down to individuals by now." At the other end of the room appeared the masked man, apparently materializing out of thin air. "You must be really good," he said in a tone that clearly wasn't remotely sincere. 
"We're the best," Jake said firmly, trying to take a more assertive stance, standing his ground against the man. 
No we aren't... Wayne said. We started in August...
<Shuddup.>

Suddenly a shrieking ghost loudly appeared behind him, making Jake jump pretty badly. 
Really?
"The best?" the man said with a condescending amusement. 
Jake scowled. He then remembered he was dressed like batman, complete with a utility belt. He grabbed a batarang that was on it and threw it at the masked man. 
Jake didn't know how to throw a batarang, so he missed entirely. 
So he was surprised when he suddenly heard an "ow." 
"How in the-- You had a one in like, fifty chance to actually--" It was the same voice, but it didn't quite match up with the masked man they were seeing. It sounded like he momentarily broke character with the surprise of being hit. 

(Sorry for the block, but since it's the 29th, I'm trying to quickly get this wrapped up.)
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:46 am

A howl sounded from the lobby, and the doors by the stage suddenly burst open to reveal some sort of wolfish creature. It was large, and stood snarling on its hind legs. 
     People screamed and started pushing each other over trying to get away from it. Cat stepped behind the stage curtain, out of sight, and looked around for something she could possibly use as a weapon; there was no way she'd be able to take on this thing with her bare hands. Even if she did have a weapon of some sort, chances were slim. What was that thing, anyway?
     She growled. She didn't have time for this. The wireless mic stand caught her eye, and she marched across the stage, took the stand and faced the beast, which was advancing menacingly down the aisle towards the people running along the rows of seats.
     She grabbed the mic and shouted, "Hey, you filthy mutt!" The werewolf turned to her, eyes gleaming viciously. She put the mic down carefully onto the stage, aware of the frightened people's gazes on her. The smarter ones among them took the opportunity to get further away from the thing.
     She lifted the mic stand and marched toward the creature, eyes hard as flint.
     The creature watched her warily, stepping back and baring its teeth as she approached.
     {Cat,} said Claudia.
     Yeah? she replied.
     {... What the hell are you doing?}
     How am I supposed to know?

Last edited by Catigatoroala on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Okay, it's December so time for a quick wrap-up.

The "Phantom" turned out to be an esper named Adrian, who is gifted with illusion powers. So all the ghosts and such turned out to just be illusions. The two werewolves were his dogs covered with an illusion. He eventually explained this to us, and decided to call it off early because we went through the trouble of finding him and demanding answers. 
He left in a melodramatic fashion, but promised he'd be back for special occasions. 
It wouldn't be unreasonable to be wary of that. 

But no one was hurt, and now Hawthorne Valley has a story to tell about their very own Halloween Haunting.

Okay, sorry for the unsatisfying wrap up and for the Halloween event taking up all of November. 
But hey, it went okay for our first holiday event ever. We'll do better next time. Hope you enjoyed it. 
And for those who participated in this topic, you get to have the first achievement badge ever! 
Thanks for participating, and I hope you had a happy Halloween (a month ago.)

GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top