Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Needs School Anyway

2 posters

Go down

Who Needs School Anyway Empty Who Needs School Anyway

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:08 pm

School had never been something Axel had taken seriously, after all chances were he would end up working with the academy after graduation anyway. The bell signaling the beginning of first period had just rung, and of course Axel decided not to bother with going to class. He could still see some freshmen running around, since it was still the first week, several of them were still lost. There were a few people he had seen in years before, people who had shown up late to school for some reason or another. Instead of worrying about getting to class the sixteen year old boy continued lounging on the branches of an old tree, one that had probably been there for longer than the school. If he really wanted he could have just teleported to the lake, but Axel figured there could be people passing through the park, and didn't want to risk being seen by them, after all he had been at the academy long enough to know that exposing Espers to the world was generally a bad idea. The last thing he wanted was to be stuck in some lab somewhere. 
Finally you're being responsible. Casper commented, shattering the tranquil atmosphere. 

More like I'm tired of getting yelled at. 
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Who Needs School Anyway Empty Re: Who Needs School Anyway

Post by Alex Granit Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Jayce walked in a hurried manor towards Lakeveiw high school,he was late for his first ever day and it was not good. "Way to make a good first impression!" Jayce said, frustratingly facepalming himself. Zap!  "Ouch! God dang it!" Jayce complained, as his hand sent electrical shocks throughout his body. Man do we haavvee to go to school? I mean, it's so boring. And it's not like you don't know everything anyway! Nautilus complained, clearly having other plans for the day. "Yeah, well do you think that they would allow me to stay at this academy if I got f's in every subject?" 
No. Nautilus sighed, clearly heartbroken at the fact that they couldn't be outside running a marathon or something.  Then Jayce heard the feint ring of a school bell. "Darn it!" He shouted, punching an old tree and accidentally sending electricity up it. "Oh great, now I electrified a tree" He said, sitting down, making a huge deal out of nothing. 
Ha, stop being such a baby, Jayce. It's the first day of school, I'm sure they'll cut you some slack. Nautilus said, trying to comfort  Jayce. It was kind of ridiculous in nautilus's opinion, Jayce was pouting over a late school bell. There would be other days.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jayce Marcos
Wisp Class: Elemental
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:02 pm

"Hey newbie, wanna watch where you send those sparks." Axel commented, looking down at one of the new kids from the academy. The kid was obviously a bit freaked out, probably about being late to school. It was fortunate that it was just a tree and not a pole or something, the last thing they needed was people seeing sparks fly. "The last thing we need is for you to start setting fires with that." Honestly this kid needed to get his powers under control, Axel hated having to clean up after the newbies, especially since it wouldn’t be the first time.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Jayce looked up, shocked that there was actually someone there. "Ha-ha, yeah. Sorry" He said, scratching his head a little bit embarrassed. "Just a little bit frustrated is all" Jayce explained punching himself mentally. "Hey, shouldn't you be in school right now?" Jayce asked the boy, confused as to why the guy wouldn't be in class right now. Especially since it was the first day of school, he didn't seem like he was all that new, though. Ha, he sure showed you! Nautilus laughed at the burn this kid just dished out. "Shut up nautilus, no-one wants to hear it." Jayce said, aggravated at the fact that this annoying thing inside his head had to berate him with negative comments whenever he could. 
It became tiring after a while, though. So Jayce had just learned to go with the flow.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:58 pm

"Probably" Axel replied, not really concerned about it. He wasn't that surprised when the kid spoke aloud, address somebody named Nautilus. Probably the kid's wisp, since Axel could see that it was still here.  
"You still have to talk to it out loud?" Axel had to wonder just how much trouble this kid was going to get into, since he seemed less than adapt at controlling his powers, and apparently still didn't know how to use the telepathy link between Esper and wisp. 
"You should probably avoid that; it'll just feed the rumors." The school had a wealth of rumors about the academy that ranged from it being some kind of mental institution to aliens. He had even been accused of being part of some kind of cult by one girl(A claim he found rather amusing). There were some "popular" academy students, but that didn't stop the rumors. It didn't help things that non Espers weren't allowed into the academy, a rule that just added more mystery in the eyes of normals.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:14 pm

"Well, is there any other way?" Jayce asked curiously when this kid talked about talking aloud to Nautilus.  There's a telepathic link between you and I, just never asked for anything like that so I assumed you were fine the way it is. Jayce sighed, of course he wanted to do that. The amount of times people thought the was insane because he was just talking to himself could have been prevented if the dumb thing could have just said "Oh hey, there's a telepathy thingy that we can use so that you won't make a complete fool of yourself" It didn't though, and the deed was done. "Well I haven't really had anyone to teach me any of that jazz, so I never really got the chance to learn how to control my powers or talk to the thing inside my head telepathically. What would you expect from a Newbie?" Jayce said, air quoting when he said the word newbie.
"Atleast I actually know how to use it, though" He said trying to put a pro in the, at least what seemed like, extremely negative person. He was probably just going to turn it around and say "Yeah but you suck at it" or something like that. Typical comebacks that he'd already heard twice over.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:22 pm

"Sure you do" Axel said, the sarcasm in his voice blatantly obvious. Axel supposed it was too much to expect the newbies to learn about the link by themselves, even though many espers figured it out a few months after the initial bond. "Don't you have a class to go to or something?"
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Jayce was taken aback at what the boy said "Yeah, I can, I'd show it to you, but I'm not supposed to reveal my powers outside of the academy" He said thinking about what happened when he first found out about it. The machine exploded with too much power, it was pretty painful. "Also, I've sort of given up on it by now. The teachers are probably just going to be ignorant fools like they always are. Probably not missing a thing" Jayce said, sitting down and putting his arms at the back of his head. "I'll just miss this day and say I wasn't feeling to great" Jayce said, thinking that he was smarter than all of his teachers combined. Which he might actually be.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 am

"Hey the old man might not do anything when I do it, you however have somewhere you can be sent back to." Axel didn't think that gramps (as he called the head of the academy) would really send someone back, of course there were worse things. Are you actually trying to get him to go to class Casper chipped in, in what could only be described as a surprised tone. Honestly Axel didn’t really care either way, but he had better things to do then having to play babysitter for this kid.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 am

Jayce chuckled a little bit "I couldn't really care less if i get sent back, in fact I'd prefer it over this. Also, if your brain thinks logically enough, what's the likeliness that this grandpa of yours is ever going to care about something like a new guy missing one day of school. I can just say that I got lost on my way here" Jayce said, most likely insinuating an argument that was completely un-necessary. "And, if by saying no place to go back to you mean your parents died and you live in one of those foster care places or something. He could always just send you back there" Jayce said. 
Yeah, um why don't you not be a complete idiot for once in your life, and just go to the school? 
I would, but I'm not sure I really want to right now. 
For some reason, Jayce had been acting like he was just the smartest and best person in the world, it was getting nautilus a little bit ticked off and he was just about at the breaking point (a point at witch Jayce had never explored to)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down